Today it's a mini post, , And not because he could devote more lines, but as the saying goes that good, if brief, twice good. Although it takes a few days of operation, had not yet given an official welcome, so today's post is just to welcome to the blogosphere to a regular commentator on this blog, sometimes with more success than others, but Well, yes, that is going to do, we have to want as it is, .
What about who I'm talking about, because of Don Daniel Bueno, which opens its little place in the net, and although it will be time to decide whether long or short, for now we welcome Daniel Bueno's blog where, as he describes:
This blog shows examples of my work as a draftsman designer. They are all made in house work in order to expand my knowledge in the field, gain fluency or simple hobby.
For now we are reveling in the creation and development of a 3D street in Autocad as well as any other little thing that you can see if you make him a visit, so we will wait impatiently your future contributions.
And as I said in the post Firefox extensions, WordPress plugins also have endless in terms of what we need, some very useful, and more curious than anything else, so I'll focus on those who currently use.
In principle functional for WordPress version 2.5, as are all me and is the version I use, so you should not have problems if you use this version.
If you want one particular that is not on this list, you can always search the WordPress plugins page among all there, which are not few.
And now let's see the list of plugins I use, first saying I will not be very extensive in their use, installation, operation, etc., because otherwise this would be endless, and perhaps some plugins do not need to use as the Theme use in your blog, because now, some of them already carry some functions that I perform with plugins built right into the Theme:
- Akismet : The Anti-Spam plugin for WordPress and quintessential absolutely necessary to forget the Spam in your blog. But I'm wrong, currently installed in the default versions of WordPress, but need to obtain an API Key from WordPress to use, which is not very complicated to do.
- Share This : This plugin performs arguably dissemination of your blog post, as it allows a reader, if a post you found interesting, send it to the most common social networking internet, or the possibility of sending someone the Post by e-mail, among other things.
You can see the integration of this plugin in Helloworld Blog at the end of each post, whether on the page or on the individual post page, represented by the following icon:
- Dagon Design Sitemap Generator : This plugin allows you to create a Sitemap of your blog so that on one page (or several if you have many entries) may be all written post, pages, categories, etc., in list form.
List that is updated automatically with each new entry, logically, making your visitors can view all entries and readability followed by search engines.
- Contact Form : With this simple, but effective plugin, you can put in an easy and simple contact form on your blog so your readers can contact you.
- Google XML Sitemaps : This plugin generates a sitemap of your website in XML format for example then you can climb the Google Webmaster Tools and facilitate the indexing of the pages of your blog by Google.
- Gravatar : I think this plugin may be somewhat outdated, because today many themes incorporate Gravatar default, but it is the case, this plugin will allow you to implement it in your blog, so that readers who already use Gravatar, may put your image in the comments, or you can choose a default image for readers who do not use it.
Those who have left comments and use Gravatar out its icon, and no, default leaves them a globe.
- Popularity Contest : With this plugin you will know which are the most popular post of your blog in terms of a previously configured parameters depending on the importance you want to have in the valuation (Comments, Visits to the home page, by category, Trackbacks, Shock, etc).
You can see the integration of this plugin in Helloworld Blog on Blog sidebar as shown in the following image:
- Real Fast Latest Comments : This simple, but effective plugin to display recent comments left on your blog.
You can see the integration of this plugin in Helloworld Blog in the sidebar, as seen in the following image:
- Subscribe to comments : This plugin provides an opportunity for someone to leave a comment on an entry, of receiving future responses and / or comments on this entry via e-mail.
You can see this plugin integration in Blog Helloworld checkbox in there right after the button "Submit Comment" to post a comment as shown in the following image:
- WordPress Database Backup : because you never know when disaster strikes can occur, at least not get caught off guard. This plugin sends you daily via e-mail a copy of the database from your blog, better safe than sorry, .
- WP-Pager : With this plugin you can display a slightly more orderly and structured the number of pages and post to your blog, that the usual "following entries" or "previous entries", both generally on the home page, and the number of entries that make up a particular category in case you browse through specific categories. A plugin which I personally like a lot.
You can see the integration of this plugin in Helloworld Blog in the bottom of the blog as seen in the following image:
- WP 2.3 Related Posts : Another interesting plugin through the tags or labels function of WordPress version 2.5 allows you to show your readers or post other entries that relate to a particular post, and can be configured to display random entries if absence related post.
In principle I use with proper tags system WordPress, Nosé if using other plugins to manage tags also works or not, just as it is interesting to have a more or less fixed post tags in common categories relative ease.
You can see the integration of this plugin in Helloworld Blog to click on the title of a post to enter the individual page of the same. For example, as seen in the image in the Post about Firefox 3 extensions these are the suggestions that shows related posts:
Currently there are several newer versions of this plugin, but I use the 1.4 which I like better than today.
Well I think this is it, , Which is something, I hope you have found interesting this list, and remember again that this is only a small selection and you can find many more plugins in the WordPress plugin page and some plugins are not unique, ie , there may be other plugins that perform the same function, even in a better way, but I, these are the ones I use.
And you, Do you use any other plugin that deserves to be named?, You can put it in the comments.
Recently Google has added to its email service Gmail a new security feature that can be quite useful, or at least you can take some control of logins on your account, and where they occur but go little by little.
When logging into Gmail, at the bottom of the screen you can see the following message:
As seen in the image, it shows the IP address from which you have accessed the account and when you've done for the last time, but there's more, because if we click on details we can see this window:
In the picture we see all new posibilities offered by this new functionality:
- Information about the current session: IP, where it has occurred (Browser, mobile, POP3, etc.)
- It lets you slam all sessions you may have open in other computers (Appearance quite useful if for example you left the account open by mistake on a public computer)
- Information about the latest five connections: IP, where it has occurred (Browser, mobile, POP3, etc.), date and time
It is certainly a great feature to control "uses strange" or inadequate in your email address and detect theft of account, since for example, if you visit always mail from the browser and access the report you see that your account has been opened by someone perhaps POP3 access in use without your consent or if the days and hours of use of the account does not usually coincide with those usually can view the mail, you can also suspicious.
The IP, well, could become useful, but again, if you have it fixed, but in my opinion may become less important, and it is normal to be dynamic, and if you connect from many places in one day your account, as there will be many ip's, but if you do it always from a pc, if can be useful too, but we must not become paranoid with this, .
What is wrong with this?, Because new is the ease with which Google collects data from users who perhaps could even be considered private, such as the IP, although Google seems that IP is not private data , Spanish Agency for Data Protection (AEPD) in its report 327/03 seems to disagree and that considers itself a data IP private character , but hey, these debates have always existed about whether Google is going too far with the information stored in its users and the uses made of it.
Personally, I do not mind this as it is true that Google "knows everything about me," but thanks to that we can enjoy services and facilities such other email clients do not provide, and you like their practices but the solution is easy, stop using Google services, . But for now, not for me to do, and I think this feature can be very useful.
In this post I want to remember some of the online services offered by the Internet and use Helloworld Blog, which you can see from the sidebar of the blog, but hey, here are more accessible.
One is Flickr , where I have two free accounts, someday maybe I make a Pro, but for now this is what you get:
In this regard, in particular, you can see photos of my trip to Stockholm , concert photos Heroes of silence in Zaragoza on 10-10-07 and Playmobil exhibition that took place in Zaragoza
Another blog Helloworld service, available online, and I recently re-opened is Twitter ( What is Twitter? ), which briefly becomes a microblogging service, which means short sentences (140 characters / sentence ) you can tell the world what you want at any given time. For example, if you're going to eat fried eggs with chorizo, and you want those who follow your profile on twitter you know, because you can tweet: To eat fried eggs with sausages rich rich,
Thus, the twitter of Helloworld Blog can be followed in many ways, will show you some of them:
- You can follow him through this blog, and if you go surfing the see sidebar that says: My Twitter, and then get a blue box with the last message tweeted.
- Another convenient way is through RSS, and you can follow the news from twitter Helloworld Blog by RSS address below: http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/14964036.atom
- Another way is through the website of Twitter through http://twitter.com/holamundoblog
- And if it's not enough, as the last option you give, if you already use Twitter, as the most practical and easiest of all, "Follow" to Holamundoblog on twitter and go.
Later, maybe talk a little more thoroughly Twitter, for those who know not going.
Be happy, and enjoy these services.
And Google continues to grow, as it has recently launched a spectacular new service: Gmail Paper gives you the possibility that Google will print the emails that you specify from within your Gmail and send them to an email address registered by the user without any cost, as Google puts advertising return on the back of the sheet but never within the message, just as if the message includes photographs are printed on photographic paper, which carries no prejudice to the environment since that all prints are made on recycled paper. All this reads the service's website:
And this is what should have been the post, but Google are very funny!, And although I had missed much of the service, I have also thought of Google anything, but it seemed like a viable service in many ways, and effectively , so, since Google has betrayed the joke, and it is an act of April 1 comes to be in USA so in Spain are the Holy Innocents on December 28, the feast with which Google has contributed announcing the release of this "new" service, because it is traditional on this day, large companies make some kind of joke or joke .
Here you can see the confession of Google
As ye have seen I have a few days without writing anything, well, that's because it's still pretty excasa one weeks time.
But what was said in the post title, I could have avoided Scheduling posts of the week for example, if I knew in advance about who was going to write, is that WordPress offers you the ability to schedule posts and is automatically published on the date they specify, which is useful if you be busy few days, but before you have free time to write the post, or if you're a few days away, but you have to write something.
For example I already I have scheduled the following Minigame Monday 2/26/07 to be published that day at 8 am specifically.
How do you program a post in WordPress?
Based on my previous experience and has been successful, what I've done is this:
1) Write the post normally (Control Panel / Writing / Write entry)
2) Once written, look at the drop down menus to the right part, and displays that says: Date for entry
*! Eye!, By default, the date edit box is unchecked, so mark it as pictured.
* Once done, the next thing you have to do is put the date and time at which you want to display the Post:
- The dropdown menu refers to the month.
- The image 22 is the day of the month you want to appear, and in 2007, the year.
- The numbers behind the @, refer to the time you want to see the post.
So modify them according to your preferences.
Remember: So far, you've written the post, you marked the date edit box, and have modified the data according to your preferences.
3) The next step is to deploy the menu "Input Status" which by default should look something like:
Well, what you have to do is change the input status from Draft to Published:
4) Congratulations, you've scheduled your post, now you just have to give Post the entrance, and if all goes well, in the control panel / dashboard on the right menu you'll see something like this:
Well I think this is it, I hope I was not wrong and that works, but you can leave comments if there is something wrong. This I have done based on the Version 2.3.1 of WordPress, for earlier versions, I think it is the same.
- Blog (8)
- Cinema (3)
- Dating (20)
- Collaborations (3)
- Accounting (4)
- Seats (4)
- Curiosities (5)
- Economy (10)
- Companies (8)
- Google (8)
- Expo 2008 (5)
- Photographs (5)
- Weightlifting (1)
- Internet (6)
- Magic (5)
- Marketing (16)
- Memes (3)
- My Parakeets (2)
- Music (6)
- Opinion (3)
- Staff (4)
- Software (4)
- Firefox (4)
- Travel (26)
- Videos (1)
- Zaragoza (5)
Subscribe via E-Mail
Calendar of Entries
- http://psoriasisymivida.jigsy.com/ in Google Logo dedicated to Samuel Morse
- Montse Green Home and Plumi
- Miguel Daza in resurrecting and renewing Helloworld Blog
- Miguel Daza in resurrecting and renewing Helloworld Blog
- Alb in the Home of Green and Plumi
- estacion890 in Plumi and Green
- Miguel Daza in Plumi and Green
- Ana Olmos Plumi and Green
- hector on Merry Christmas and Year 2011
- Ruben in Season's Greetings 2011